I am grateful…
- … to have landed safely despite one of the bumpiest flights I’ve ever had.
- … for waking up and watching a crescent moon rise over the mountains through the window next to my bed.
- … for modern technology that allows me to talk to my family even though I’m hundreds of miles away.
- … for a sunny day to warm me up with a cool breeze to cool me off, keeping me at the perfect temperature while I ate lunch.
- … for an extended family that get along with each other.
Tags: family, gratitude, technology
- This is an odd choice during wintertime, but I’m grateful for refrigeration. My life would be very different if we had never invented it.
- I am happy to have a place to write. Even if what I write never reaches another sentient being, it is good therapy to have somewhere to express my thoughts. I guess all those exhortations from Mormon leaders to be a journal writer weren’t silly after all.
- I am thankful to have two weeks off from work. Spending them on a staycation with my family has been good for me, even if we’ve been taking turns being sick.
- Thank you to whomever turned me on to this idea of listing five things for which I’m grateful every week. I’m noticeably happier. I’m not immune to down times, but I’ve been more resilient. Or maybe that’s just the staycation talking. Either way, I’m happier right now.
- I’m grateful for my new Macbook. Really, it’s on loan from my employer, but you know. Perhaps this is silly, but it’s made me feel more creative. Being able to sit on my couch and write stuff has somehow freed some extra creative juices. Go figure.
Tags: creativity, family, gratitude, happiness, refrigeration, technology, writing