I’ve decided to retire this blog but keep all of the posts online. It’s served it’s purpose well, allowing me to heal and tell my story. It’s time to move on.
In case anyone’s wondering how I’m retiring this blog, here’s what I’m doing. Expertise is assumed. If you don’t understand how to perform a step, I suggest that’s it’s probably outside your expertise to manage this safely. Sorry.
- backup the files and database
- remove the XML-RPC API link from the header
- add farewell post
- add a note to the header that the weblog is no longer being updated
- disable comments on all posts by running SQL like the following. Be careful!
UPDATE posts p SET comment_status = 'closed', ping_status = 'closed' WHERE comment_status = 'open';
- remove all forms (e.g. search boxes) in the template
- remove all widgets that don’t make sense on a static website
wget -o log.txt -r -E -T 2 -np -R xmlrpc.php,trackback -k http://www.blakeclan.org/jon/greenoasis/
- replace wp installation with downloaded static files
Let me know if you need anything. Without further ceremony, goodbye!